Sunday, September 16, 2018

Mid September Already!


Mindy reporting in, yes it's been a while though!!  I am enjoying these warm, sunny days during September.

I am well and still have a good appetite.  Not bad for a seventeen year old!
 I don't hear quite as well as I used to, but well enough to not miss the activities going on in our kitchen.   I hang out there and because I am polite with my supervising, I get treats.  All the treats since I am the only cat now......and loving it!

Mindy

I spend quite a bit of time on a table in front of an open window where I can watch the activities going on outside.

There is one annoying thing, er cat, that is.  Her name is Miss Callie and she invades my yard almost every day.  She lives a few houses away on our street.

 Miss Callie

Here she is on my doorstep.  She would love to get in and visit my people, but I always chase her off.  I get my fur to stand up and hiss real loud at the doorway.  Always works!

Miss Callie often goes across our street to our neighbour, who does not have a cat, but has lots of cat treats.  Needless to say, she visits there every day and is allowed into that house for her treats.

Me, I am happy to go onto our back deck occasionally for a short time only.  My humans keep watch because another neighbour cat, Bruno, often visits our yard.  Bruno is twice my size and he likes to fight.  Even if I am sure I could look after myself, my humans keep watch.

However most of my time is spent supervising all household activities and with finding the most comfortable places for my naps.

There's my update for now, all is well.

Purrs and love from Mindy!


 








 

8 comments:

Summer said...

Nice hearing from you, Mindy! I'm surprised your neighbor visits your place, since she is clearly not wanted there - and she gets a warm welcome elsewhere.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi mindy! it is lovely to hear from you. I think Miss Callie just wants to be friends. Bruno doesn't sound very friendly though.
It sounds like you are doing a good job of snoopervising kitchen activities with good payment in treats.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Mindy! Nice to hear from you!
Georgia and JJ do not mind and critters that pass through out yard.
Julie on the other paw got a bit upset when she saw another cat in the yard.
She thinks this is her domain.
We are happy to see that you are doing well and supervising your humans ;)
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Kea said...

Mindy, it's great to see an update and to know you're doing well. Unlimited treats is awesome!

Callie is pretty, but of course we understand that you wouldn't want her hanging around YOUR home. It's good your humans keep an eye on her and Bruno too.

Take care, purrs from us.

Nicki and Derry

The Island Cats said...

Hi Mindy. Nice to see you and to hear you’re doing well. We’re sorry about the intruder cat Callie. Maybe she just wants to be friends with you.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

mindy....itz grate ta heer frum ewe again N yur lookin gorgeouz az ever...we R sorree ya dont reel lee like de naybor gal....tho we understand two...we hope ya can vizit again veree soon az we N joy yur postz ♥♥♥☺☺

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Keep eating! And for many years to come...

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are glad to have news of you, Mindy!

That Miss Callie looks like she might want to be friends...

Purrs,
The Chans