Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tabby Tuesday - Vet Visit

We're back. The computer we use for our blog, got taken over by dadbean. It has a DVD drive so he decided to help someone by backing up the things on her computer. The computer seemed to eat a lot of shiny disks and then spit them out - we would probably spit them out too.

Yesterday we got taken to the v-e-t. Check up time, they call it. Mom said I was very good and cooperative. Did you know da vet has treats? I got a pill and two - count 'em - needles in my butt. I was brave, a real mancat, ha. It was really annoying though. Da vet looked at my teefs, too. I gots weighed and I am 11.7 pounds.......I have been eating some of Mindy's food, I can't help myself. That means I gained a bit. I think I wear it well, ha ha.


I got to go too. I really hate going and our beans worried that I would not cooperate at all. They had lots of trouble getting me into the carrier. I can have some attitude when I want to show it! However, I really liked the vet, she was nice. I even purred when she was trying to hear my heart. The vet says I have developed a slight heart murmur. Now I has to have low dose aspirin twice a week to keep me healthy. I also got a pill and two needles in my butt too. I was just as brave as Moe. I even went with the vet out to the big (scary) room to get weighed. I weigh 8.8 lbs. The vet put lots of treats in my carrier. I was sure glad to get home. I had to go to my special place to think things over, but that didn't take long. Home is best though.

12 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi guys!! I'm glad you survives your trip to the Vet!! Two needles ow!!!!!!!!
Mindy,I am sad that you have a heart murmur :( I hope you follow the Vet's instructions to stay healthy!
Purrs & Headbutts furcousins!!!
Mickey

Parker said...

Awwwwww, that's no fun going to the VET, but you both sounded very brave!
Follow the doctor's orders Mindy, my Mommy takes aspirin too!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I do not like going to vet, but it is always nice to know one is healthy. Take care of your heart Mindy, it's important.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Sorry to hear you both had to go to the vet, but glad to hear things went relatively well. Mindy, sorry to hear about your heart murmur. We will purr for you!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It's never nice when you haf to go to the V E T. At least you got treats. Our V E T duzn't give us treats. We're sorry you got a heart murmur Mindy,so you'll haf to be good and take your aspirin. Our mum has to take it too ever since the human V E T put metal in her leg.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hey Mindy and Moe~
I am glad the result of visiting VET is good~! I am very happy for you~!
Although Mindy has a little problem, but I think it will be ok soon~!!!! I am praying for you!

Daisy said...

You are VERY lucky to have a nice vet who gives you treats. I never got a treat from my vet. Not even one single time.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am glad you are both fairly healthy! And nice that you vet gives treats. Mine doesn't...

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo gots a nice vet, da techs at our vet are da ones who give out treats...and only if yoo are well behaved. Zippy never gets treats, she gets sedated instead...

The Devil Dog said...

Lucky has to go to the vet tomorrow. Ha ha ha. but not me!

Roxy

Jimmy Joe said...

You are very brave, guys. And I think you look just the right size, Moe.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

4 Boys and a Lady said...

You are two brave kitties! We're sorry to hear about Mindy's heart murmur, but are also glad that it seems like everything will be just fine. You'll always be in our purrayers!